image depicting complaints

Suggestions and Complaints

Please address any complaints either in person or in writing to the Practice Manager.

Feedback Box

We would also encourage any patients with constructive criticism about our services to leave their thoughts with us via our feedback box or contact us.

Practice complaints procedure

We  try to provide you with the best possible service, but recognise that occasionally things can go wrong. If you have a complaint or concern about the service you have received from the doctors or any of the staff working in this practice, please let us know.

We are continually striving to improve our service. Any helpful suggestions would be much appreciated.

How to complain

We hope that most problems can be sorted out easily and quickly, often at the time that they arise and with the person concerned. If your problem cannot be sorted out in this way and you wish to make a complaint, we would like you to let us know as soon as possible ideally within a matter of days or at the most a few weeks because this will enable us to establish what happened more easily. If it is not possible to do that, please let us have details of your complaint:

  • within six months of the incident that caused the problem or;
  • within six months of discovering that you have a problem, provided this is within twelve months of the incident.

Complaints should be addressed to the Practice Manager, or any of the doctors.

Alternatively, you may ask for an appointment with the Practice Manager in order to discuss your concerns. She will explain the complaints procedure to you and will make sure that your concerns are dealt with promptly. It will be a great help if you are as specific as possible about your complaint.


Monika Shahjadee
Parliament Hill Medical Centre
113-117 Highgate Road
London, NW5 1TR

Contact us

Complaining on behalf of somebody else

We have a duty of confidentiality to all our patients.  If you are complaining on behalf of someone else, we have to know that you have their permission to do so. This would usually mean obtaining written authority from the patient concerned.

Can I get help and support with making my complaint?

Yes. If you require independent, confidential assistance with a complaint you can contact the Independent Complaints Advocacy Service (ICAS).

Independent Complaints Advocacy Service – (ICAS) VoiceAbility: A new service was instituted by the government to assist those who wish to or are making complaints about the NHS – the Independent Complaints Advocacy Service (ICAS). In the London region, ICAS is being provided by the Citizens’ Advice Bureau. You determine how much
you want from ICAS, be it advice, assistant or support. The service is free and confidential and can be contacted via their head office at: NHS Complaints Advocacy,  VoiceAbility, Mount Pleasant House, Huntingdon Road, Cambridge CB3 0RN. Tel No: 0300 330 5454

Complaining to the NHS

We hope that if you do have a complaint you will use our practice complaint procedure. We believe this will give us the best chance of resolving the issue satisfactorily and provide an opportunity for us to improve our practice. However, this does not affect your right to approach NHS England if you feel that you cannot raise the complaint directly with us or if you are dissatisfied with the result of our investigation.

As part of the management of complaints in NHS England, your information may be shared with the Commissioning Support Units. If consent is required you will be contacted direct by NHS England.

For further advice contact NHS England:

Telephone: 0300 311 2233 (Monday to Friday 08:00 – 18:00, excluding English Bank Holidays)

Online: NHS England - Contact Us

Post: NHS England, PO Box 16738, Redditch,B97 9PT

Other means of complaining

  • The Care Quality Commission: If you remain unhappy after local resolution and independent review then you can complain to the Health Service Ombudsman. The Ombudsman is completely independent of both the NHS and Government. You can contact the Ombudsman at: Millbank Tower, Millbank, London, SW1P 4QP. Tel No: 0345 015 4033 or visit the website